I use the end of the financial year for a pause to evaluate the outgoing year and plan for the new one. This year I tried a series of exercises put together by the design trust to give structure to my review. It also inspired me to start listing things I was proud of for the year, and I thought you might like to see the list.
Initially this was a bit of a challenge as the year in my mind was characterised by unexpected illness for myself and others close to me, making it a challenging time. As a result I didn't achieve anything like what I initially intended.
However. There were achievements and moments I was proud of, and it feels good to stop and acknowledge them (in no particular order):
- I'm still here & still going even after a year from hell
- My sales are up
- I started teaching this year and it's going well
- I tentatively started to sell my work wholesale, and got 3 new stockists
- I set up this new website
- The new website has a new online shop
- I did lots of training & learning
- The work I make now is better
- I am growing creatively
- Having added up all my newsletter subscribers, followers & friends etc I found it has topped 1000!
- I am getting repeat customers
- Arranging & facilitating the first studio meeting
- Even when events don't go well I am able to find ways to stay positive and improve the situation
- I got help
- Some pots are rumoured to be destined for the next Ottolenghi recipe book
- My first mention in the national press
- 50+ likes for on image on Instagram
- Making bigger pieces
- Managing myself and my workflow better